Things Bibliophiles Do
There are some things we all do that are a little...well, odd. Admit it - us bookies have our own little habits. And now it's time to own up to them.
You know you're a bibliophile when you...
1. Pre-order a book online and check the mailbox obsessively for the next few days even though you know it hasn't even been released yet.
2. Laugh out loud to funny lines in books.
3. Try to explain what you're laughing about to someone else and fail miserably.
4. Say 'never mind' and return to your book after failing to explain the joke.
5. Go to the mall with a certain amount of money to buy something else and end up having to budget after you buy a book or two.
6. Refuse to walk into a bookstore with non-book-loving friends because you know they just won't get it.
7. Wince when someone cracks the spine of a brand new book.
8. Promptly yell, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" when you see the above event occurring.
9. Check the publication date of a novel because it seems to have the same story-line as Twilight.
10. Look forward to the novel-study portion of your English courses.
11. Write fanfiction *raises hand guiltily*.
12. Sometimes forget that your favourite dreamy male characters are fictional. *sigh*
13. Eavesdrop on conversations people have about your favourite book and shake your head because they just don't get it.
14. Plan your outings based on the proximity to a bookstore. Example: You need groceries but you go to Wal-Mart instead of the grocery store because they have a pretty decent selection of books and you're running low.
15. Refer to your lack of new books to read as 'running low'.
16. Look at the stack of books next to your bed and refuse to start one because you're not 'in the mood' for a particular genre.
17. Watch the mailbox to figure out what time the mail gets delivered so you can check it at the correct time every day.
18. Covertly lean in to smell an old book when nobody's looking.
19. Spend hours rearranging your bookshelf so you can optimize the limited amount of space you have.
20. Say things like, "why don't we just go ahead and turn the guest room into a library?"
21. Start feeling really stressed when you don't get to read for more than a few days.
22. Re-read a certain book or series more than once a year.
23.Start doing things to be more like the main character in one of your favourite books. Example: braiding your hair or taking up archery (if you don't know which character I'm referring to, please ... leave).
24. Spend more time on Goodreads than you do on Facebook.
25. Treat books like precious newborn babies (as you should!).
26. Have made and kept friends because of a mutual interest in books.
27. Arrange your books 2 or 3 rows deep on your bookshelf when you start to run out of room.
28. Start stacking books around your room because there are no more ways your could possibly fit any more books on your shelves.
29. Spend hours trying to decide which copy of a book has the best cover before you place your order.
30. One of the top ten bookmarks on your bookmarks bar is a link to a book-buying website... or Goodreads.
Let me know how many you got, or leave some of your own in a comment below! I'm hoping to update this list soon and turn into '100 Things Bibliophiles Do'. Thanks for reading guys! :)